5/15/14

Best Military Knives | Killer Knives

Our Military Knife Collection

We like military knives and collecting certain pieces that are unique and dependable. As the person who writes on this blog the most, I decided to show you a few knives from my collection. I have a nice Gil Hibben Combat Machete, and a cool SOG to show off. Also a couple of inexpensive M-Tech knives that I think are worth mentioning.

Best online low priced dealer of SOG knives

First up: SOG's SE37-N

First let me introduce you to the SOG SE37-N, perhaps the very best military knife I have in my collection. I own a number of K-Bars and other brands that come close, but nowhere near as strong and dependable. This is my favorite by far, and as far as materials and craftmanship, pretty much this SOG has everything I want in a true military knife.

Balance is great if not perfect and the edge is easy to maintain. Back edge is suitable for anything where a saw is needed. Cuts through deer bone like butter and can take down saplings like a chainsaw. I was a little hesitant about the saw design, but when you use it and see how well it performs, you will agree.

Comes with a true military sheath that can attach to a MOLE system, leg straps, just about anywhere. Even behind your back. Works great and keeps the ultra sharp SOG blade snug and tight. 

Second up: Gil Hibbens Combat Machete

I love most of Gil's knives and always wanted one of his knives he made himself. 

Unfortunate for me, I can't afford his personally made versions. Happily though I found his combat machete available and bought one as soon as I could.

Comes with a very tough and thick cowhide sheath, with tie downs and belt loop top. Very nice and durable. Well made and stitched very nicely with strong heavy gauge nylon threads.

As part of my collection, I haven't taken this machete out to use for that purpose. I'm more inclined to keep it tucked away in my gear bag. Yet I will tell you I used the same model a friend of mine owns, that he uses for splitting pieces of wood for his Iron Stove. 

Let me tell you this, it has stood up to the abuse and to this day it still is getting beaten up every winter. I assure you, this Machete/Knife may look all nice and glorified as a collectors piece, but if you use it for what it was made for, it will withstand the abuse. It's well made and tightly put together. 100% worth the money, and because it's a Gil Hibben, you know its unique and beautiful.

3rd up: MTECH's MT-225

For the price being so low I basically dismissed this knife. I figured any knife priced that low isn't even worth buying. How wrong was my thinking. This fixed blade dagger styled knife is pure military in design and although heavier in the butt-end than I like, it is worth the money 10x over.

Rubberized grip holds up well against abuse. Full tang construction and a double edged saw/plain edge blade. The sawing aspect is perfect for rope and bone.


I'll be honest with you, I paid $12.45 expecting to get some cheap POS. I could easily turn this knife around and sell it for $25.00! Not joking either. I bought 29 of these so far and sold them all in 2 days at a local flea market for $25 a piece. So just telling you, for a cheap little knife, this little bad boy is well worth the price. I love it. There's one on the boat, one in my back pack, one in my tool box, you can find these Mtechs everywhere in my house. Well not everywhere, but where ever man stuff can happen...lol



4th up:MTECH MT-378 Tactical Folder

So again, looking around at low priced knives, I found another knife worth much more than the price tag. A tactical folder of this quality is something no man should pass up. 

Lock back and Tonto Tip blade with some really nice detail to the handle. 

How much? Now don't lol at me, but I only paid $7.16!!! Not joking. Try finding a knife like this for under 8$. Even an Indian owned gas station will want 12-15$ for this knife. LOL

If your interested in owning any of these knives, please check out the links below. 


Where can you get these killer knives?


MTECH USA MT-378 Tactical Folding Knife 4.5 Closed

SOG Specialty Knives & Tools SE37-N Seal Team Elite Knife Partially Serrated Fixed Heat Treated 7-Inch AUS-8 Steel Blade and GRN Handle, Black TiNi


MTECH USA MT-225 Fixed Blade Knife 11.5-Inch Overall


Gil Hibben IV Combat Machete Blade Knife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic War Video? Share your thoughts on these graphic videos.

Total Graphic Videos Watched

MILITARY KNIVES